Hitler's Propaganda Minister, Paul Joseph Goebbels
Arvind Kejriwal's Propaganda Minister
Have you ever wondered, who inspired Arvind Kejriwal to act and behave the way he does? It is certainly not Anna Hazare, though he used to call him (Anna) his “Guru”. Anna does not like to remember that. He has publicly said: “The Lord has saved me. The Lord gave me wisdom to keep away from Arvind Kejriwal or even my reputation would be ruined.” Recently Hazare regretted that his movement produced a muck like Kejriwal.
In fact, Kejriwal used his ad hoc “Guru” for publicity. Anna Hazare led “India against Corruption” of which Kejriwal was a co-founder and Anna Hazare’s fast at Ramlila Maidan in Delhi in 2011 gave Kejriwal an opportunity to attract national and international attention. Once that goal was achieved, he founded the Aam Aadmi Party. The parting of ways was complete.
If it is not Anna, then who really inspired Kejriwal?
I have discovered remarkable similarity in Kejriwal’s politics and that of Adolf Hitler and his Propaganda Minister, Paul Joseph Goebbels.
Hitler had set up Gestapo, a secret police, to keep a watch on his enemies in the government and outside.
The V. K. Shunglu Committee appointed by the former Lieutenant Governor has discovered that there was a “Feedback Unit” (FU) working directly on the orders of the Chief Minister. Not the Shunglu Committee but others have described it as a secret spy unit set up to keep an eye on Kejriwal’s detractors in Delhi government. It was functioning so secretly that it was invisible to others even in the government. According to a Mumbai-based newspaper, “the Vigilance Department under which the unit was formed, is clueless as to where their staff sat and what work they did since inception.” Nevertheless, the newspaper reported, the members of the FU claimed full attendance and were paid ₹ 40.83 lakh (till the LG’s disbanded it) for all the services rendered (to AK). A CBI enquiry has been ordered into the affairs of the FU. Perhaps, in course of time we will know the FU’s ‘achievements’.
Hitler’s propaganda Minister Goebbels is remembered for believing that lies could be converted into truths. Some of his famous quotes are:
· “A lie told once remains a lie but a lie told a thousand times becomes the truth.”
· “If you repeat a lie often enough, it becomes the truth.”
· “If you tell the same lie enough times, people will believe it; and the bigger the lie, the better.” “
· “Propaganda works best when those who are being manipulated are confident they are acting on their own free will.” “This is the secret of propaganda. Those who are to be persuaded by it should be completely immersed in the ideas of propaganda, without ever noticing that they are being immersed in it.”
If Hitler was in tearing hurry to conquer the world, Kejriwal was, perhaps still is, in tearing hurry to conquer India and reach 7, Lok Kalyan Marg (Indian PM’s official residence). Being a modern man, his fertile brain discovered that the old tactics adopted by Hitler and Goebbels could be mixed with modern technology to achieve the goal. He is liberally using social media to do what Goebbels was doing in those days.
The examples of application of Goebbelsian strategy by Kejriwal include repeated attacks on Prime Minister Modi.
· “Narendra Modi is a psychopath and coward.”
· “मोदी जी का नारा - न काम करूँगा, न करने दूंगा” (Modi’s slogan: ‘Will neither work nor will let others work’.)
· “Modi can go to any extent and may get us killed. Talk to your families and see if you are ready for the ultimate sacrifice. All MLAs will anyway have to go to jail."
Like Goebbels, he uses his speeches and press also to spread his lies. Here are some samples.
· "Communalism is a bigger problem in front of the country than corruption." (At the India Islamic Cultural Centre, New Delhi, on February 25, 2014.)
· “Phones of judges are being tapped." (At the 50' anniversary of Delhi High Court on October 31, 2016.)
· He has been saying and writing ad nauseam that the Modi government and the Election Commission of India tampered with electronic voting machines (EVMs), otherwise there was no question of AAP losing Goa and Punjab.
His latest Goebbelsian claim is that “if EVMs are not tampered with, AAP will get over 206 in civic polls.”
Goebbels had once said, “We enter parliament in order to supply ourselves, in the arsenal of democracy, with its own weapons. If democracy is so stupid as to give us free tickets and salaries for this bear's work, that is its affair. We do not come as friends, nor even as neutrals. We come as enemies. As the wolf bursts into the flock, so we come.”
Kejriwal too has no respect either for the Constitution or for the Parliamentary institutions. He thinks that since he has got unprecedented mandate, he is free to use the parliamentary institutions the way he likes.
One may wonder, how does a Chief Minister get all the time for extra-constitutional activities and for indulging in all sorts of fantasies. The answer is provided by the Delhi government’s website: delhi.govt.in.”
Every Prime Minister keeps certain important portfolios with himself. Prime Minister Narendra Modi, the busiest political leader in the world, keeps with himself Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions, Departments of Atomic Energy and Space and “all-important policy issues and all other portfolios not allotted to any Minister.”
Similarly, every Chief Minister in India – with one exception – keeps certain important portfolios with himself. The exception is none other than the exceptional politician, Arvind Kejriwal (AK). If you visit the Delhi Government website “delhi.gov.in” and look for the portfolio Chief Minister AK, you will not find any Ministry or department listed.
Naturally, the “CM without Portfolio” has all the time to indulge in propaganda. He is his own Propaganda Minister. For obvious reasons, he cannot mention that against his name.
Kejriwal should also remember one of the rare truths Goebbels had said: “There will come a day, when all the lies will collapse under their own weight and truth will again triumph.”
I hope that the day will come very soon.
April 19, 2017
Please also read "Will Delhi save India on April 23?"